Resetting SYSMAN's password Oracle 10gR2
1. Set environment variables
set PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH (assuming unix OS)
2. Shutdown EM and ensure your console is completely shutdown.
emctl stop dbconsole
emctl status dbconsole
3. From a SQL plus prompt modify sysman's password
SQL> alter user SYSMAN identified by yourNewPassword;
4. Verify you can open a sqlplus session with the sysman user using the reseted password.
5. Reconfigure password
a. Change directory to ORACLE_HOME/hostname_sid/sysman/config
b. Backup file emoms.properties
c. Edit the file emoms.properties
d. Look for the line beginning with:
Replace the encrypted value by the new password value
e. Look for the line:
Replace TRUE by FALSE
6. Start the EM service
emctl start dbconsole
7. Verify the above written password has been changed to an encrypted version in the emoms.properties file.
8. Your EM DB Control should be up and running by now.
OUG Ireland 2017 : Day 1
5 hours ago